Saturday, September 6, 2008

Why Canadians Don't Support the War in Afghanistan


It's often been said people don't have enough time and they need more space.

But it's really about a time & space continuum that forces us (or not) to pay attention:

Time - the more urgent it is to make a decision the more I pay attention. The more time I have to make a decision, the less I really care about it.

Space - If I can't see, touch, or smell it on the horizon I can't fathom the issue. Outta sight, outta mind.

When the time and space continuum converge, nasty things happen. Take the War in Afghanistan:many Canadians cannot fathom what it's like fighting the Taliban over there, and many more don't see an end in sight. A new poll confirming this is not surprising.

The same goes for climate change, good economic policies, savings, and credit cards. We are so consumed in the now, we forget or don't care about tomorrow.

This is the same for your product, idea, or service. People's minds are short; and if you can't (vividly) say it in 10 words or less, how the heck am I supposed to care about you later?

No comments: